7:00-9:30 p.m. - Friday, March 11, 2016
Location: Martha's Studio RM: Convergence 1801 N Quaker Lane, Alexandria VA 22302
Be inspired through art to create more joy in life. When Vincent Van Gogh painted the Starry Night he was inspired by his observations of the night sky, imagination, memories and emotions. Did you know he was primarily a self-taught artist? This art workshop is for anyone who wants to pick up a paint brush. "If you hear a voice within you say 'you can not paint' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." Vincent Van Gogh
What you will learn in this workshop:
- Learn how to choose harmonious colors
- Compose a design with symmetry and balance
- Learn to apply pain in layers to build up texture
- Create movement in a work of art
- Learn to use Van Gogh brush strokes
Our workshops provide:
- Warm supportive small class size environment
- Two expert teacher/mentors
- Awareness of arts intrinsic values
- Learning in a shared community
- Art supplies provided
- Helpful handouts & activity ideas for you to take home
- Finished art to take home
- Refreshments before and during studio time
Fee is $45 per person.
Registration is required by March 9, 2016.
Maximum of 8. Minimum of 5.
Want to register a group? Receive a 10% discount. Contact us for more information (need at least 5 women).
Register on-line today!