Saturday: 10:00-11:30 Oct. 17, 2015
Location: Convergence Martha's Studio Rm: 1801 N Quaker Lane; Alexandria 22302
What makes a home? Love? Unity? Determination? Energy? How would you allow your imagination to soar to design a home that is your private oasis? Be an artist and architect in our 90-minute workshop and design and create your own home. Parents and children (6-12 yrs) learn the value of making squares, rectangles, triangles, circles and ovals.
What you will learn in this workshop:
- How to brainstorm ideas
- The power of writing and using words with art
- Using color for heightened impact
- Faux techniques you can actually use on your walls at home
- Architectural terms and details for home exteriors
Benefits of our family art workshop
- Parents learn skills and techniques for creative growth
- Children learn to work and play
- Two teachers in the classroom
- Art supplies provided
- Helpful Handouts to take home
No art experience is necessary only a fun attitude and willingness to engage in art. $45 for 1 adult/1 child. $15 for additional child. Maximum of 8 families. Minimum of 5. Registration required at least 24 hours in advance.